Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday Shopping | Primark Haul

Good evening lovelies :) 

I wasn't planning on going shopping this weekend in an attempt to save some pennies (or even some pounds!) but I was easily tempted to nip to the shops for a couple of hours by my sister. 

I decided to have a quick look to see what Primark had to offer and didn't expect to buy much as usually I'm never that impressed by my local Primark store (I think others have better ranges than mine always seems to offer!!) but I was pleasantly surprised this time round! There was so many things in that looked gorgeous that I spent an hour looking round! I eventually tried on a handful of items I selected and bought everything I tried on which doesn't usually happen! (Things always look worse on than they do on the hanger it seems - boo!) 

I think if my bank balance had allowed I could definitely have bought more! But as I was so delighted with what was on offer I thought I'd share my finds in case anyone wants to pop out and snap them up too! 

If you've followed my blog so far you'll know I'm off to a Christening tomorrow and I was unsure what to wear. I found a whole new outfit from Primark which I'm going to team up with some accessories I already have! I'll post how I style my outfit early next week if you need any inspiration for summery event outfits this year! 

Here's what I bought for the Christening ... (plus some cute flowery socks!) 


Floral Dress (£13)
Peach cardigan (£6) 
Tan peep toe shoes (£8) 
Floral socks (£1.50) 

I was super excited about the peep toe tan shoes as I think they'll go really well with lots of summer dresses and I might even get away with wearing them to work as they're more formal than sandals. 

The cardigan is light and slightly elasticated so it fits well. I think it'll be perfect for summer nights when I still want to wear summer dresses but need some added warmth! I don't think it's quite warm enough for winter though!! 

I had to have the cute little socks! I've bought a fair few pairs of frilly topped socks this year as I think they're so adorable even if I do just potter round the house in them! Some people seem to get away with wearing them out and about with sandals but I don't think I quite pull it off haha! 

The rest of what I bought has an unintentional blue theme! I just bought lots of things I liked without an eye to matching anything up in outfits but it seems I've successfully purchased two outfits worth! Minus some bottoms for my blue outfit! Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of attempting to be stylish!!  

Here's the rest of what I bought from Primark today... 


Cornflower blue cardigan (£6) 
Blue check/floral top (£8) 
Blue open toe sandals (£8) 

The cardigan is just the same as the peach one but in a lovely cornflower blue! I just couldn't resist it in such a beautiful pastel shade - and at six pounds I thought they were quite bargainous too!! 

The top is in a sheer fabric so will have to be worn with a top underneath but will go with some tailored trousers for work or jeans/skirts for summery days out! The collar comes up quite high which gives it a tailored look - great for work. 

The sandals are very universal and will definitely be coming on holiday with me this year! 

I was also rather impressed that all the items I bought fit really well. I have size 7/8 feet and always struggle to find shoes that fit well which can sometimes result in unhappy shopping trips or blisters later on! I bought size 7's in Primark today and they fit better than a lot of shoes I have at the minute - I'll definitely be shopping for shoes there more from now on. All the clothes I bought fit well too - something that I don't often find with my Primark buys. I'm usually an 8 or a 10 and have bought anything from a 6 to a 14 in Primark before just so that the clothes fit well but everything today was size 8 or 10 so that was a bonus too! 

I'd love to know what you've all found in Primark recently! Have I missed any great buys? :) 

Let me know in the comments and I'd also love to know what you think of my posts in general so feel free to comment away and I'll reply as soon as I can :) 

Love, as always, 

Little Vintage Rose 

Xx 


2 comments:

  1. I love your outfits, especially the floral dress. :)
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I post a few more outfits over on my Instagram too! x

      Delete