Tuesday 15 July 2014

Benefit make-up must-haves ♥

Benefit make-up must-haves ♥


^ My everday make up look is above ^ 
I always keep my makeup neutral, opting for no eyeliner and only a pale gloss or balm on my lips.
So as I reviewed all of my favourite Dior products, I thought I probably should give my second favourite brand (Benefit Cosmetics) a mention. In fact I think my favourite make-up product has to be Benefit's Porefessional - afterall it was my first 'expensive' make-up purchase and triggered my ever-growing make-up and beauty collection! 

Having called it expensive, at £24.50 a tube I think Porefessional is actually great value, but I say expensive in comparison to the cheaper brands such as Revlon/Maybelline/Bourjois (which I must add also do some amazing products at such good prices!)  It lasts for ages - for me about 3-4 months when I use it everyday. 

Anyway I haven't actually told you what it is yet...oops! Porefessional is Benefit's primer and it is honestly the best one I've found yet! It makes skin feel silky smooth and helps to even out any blemishes or fine lines. Not only is it a great make-up base, when my skin is fairly clear I can often just wear this with no concealer or foundation as it has a slight tint to it, unlike many other primers which are just clear. 

Although this is by far the best primer I have tried yet, Maybelline do a fantastic high street alternative at around 1/4 of the price - and it lasts just as long! While trying to save money I looked for good alternatives to my more expensive products, and found that Maybelline's Baby Skin face primer gives the same silky smooth effect. It isn't tinted so I've found it's best to apply a bbcream or foundation over the top, but it works just as well for this purpose. The only downside to it (hence why it's so much cheaper!) is that it can feel a bit greasy, which isn't great for days when my skin is already feeling blemish prone.

My other benefit find that deserves a mention is the 'browzings' eyebrow palette. It comes in either light or dark shades, which you can select depending on your hair colour and skin tone. The palette contains a wax for shaping eyebrows and a powder for filling in any gaps - with a little teeny tiny brush for each, which just adds to the cuteness! (I love mini things!!) And as if it couldn't get any more adorable, you get a miniature pair of tweezers for any stray eyebrow hairs! It's perfect for everyday use and also for travel as it contains everything you need to keep your eyebrows in shape in a compact palette. 

I hope you all find my reviews helpful! I have tried many more make-up products and won't be writing reviews for them all, so if you're interested to know if I've tried something just ask in the comments and I will write you a review if I've tried it ☺ 

Thank you for reading (if anyone has!!) 

Little Vintage Rose 
xx

2 comments:

  1. Steph, you are so cute! Could almost hear your excitement describing little teeny tiny things! I tried Browzings for my wedding makeup trial. Do you often wear foundation? I prefer a natural look too and struggle to find light ones with good coverage. What do you use? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I just started blogging a few weeks ago and I'm still super excited about it!! I do wear foundations a bit but I actually find BB creams better. The Rimmel Matte BB Cream gives a really good coverage but it's pretty light on your skin. Dior do one too which is good but a bit expensive to use all the time!! But my favourite foundation is Rimmel Wake Me Up which I've only just started using but it's brilliant :) x

      Delete