Tuesday 15 July 2014

My favourite beauty items ♥

My favourite beauty items ♥

So for my first blog post I thought I'd review some of my absolute favourite beauty items! I've tried so many different make up brands all claiming to make you look beautiful and after trying nearly all of them I've finally whittled them down to the ones that work and the ones that don't! 


You can see just a few of my favourites above!! ^^^
I'll start with my favourite brand of all - DIOR ♥
I cannot praise their makeup enough! For younger skin it is the perfect combination of light consistency (for those that have quite oily skin like me) and enough coverage to mask any unsightly blemishes. 

DiorSkin Airflash - this product is perfect for an early morning start as you can get quick even foundation coverage in seconds. I must admit when I bought this product I wasn't too sure it would actually work - surely a spray on foundation would look messy?! However as long as you shake the can before application, the spray is even and gives a lovely light coverage - perfect for daytime. Despite the hype you DO have to blend this in after spraying, but nowhere near as much as you have to with an ordinary foundation. (they did try to say that no blending would be needed at all, but no matter how good you are there's always a few bits that need a tweak!!) The only down side is that the can does seem to run out quickly if you use it every day, but I will certainly be buying it again! 
I have very pale skin and often find that even ivory shades look orange, but the lightest shade (100) is perfect.

HydraLife Pro-Youth Sorbet Creme - I have oily blemish prone skin and struggle to find moisturisers that don't cause break outs but still moisturise my skin enough. I was so pleased to find this creme which does both! It's a little pricey at around £60, but is perfect for younger skin and lasts ages! I use it almost everyday, twice a day, and have had the pot for about 6 months! It comes with a handy applicator to avoid putting dirt from your fingertips onto freshly cleansed skin. My favourite thing about this moisturiser is that it gives a light dewy feeling to my skin after application - great as a make up base! Certainly worth the investment!

DiorSkin Nude Foundation and Compact Powder - The perfect duo! Dior's light coverage Nude foundation and powder are perfect together. With many foundations and powders, mixing between brands and ranges to find what suits you best is nearly always the way forward - with the exception of these two products!! The powder takes the shine away from oily skin without clogging up pores and sticking to the foundation (I have tried using the Dior Forever powder over the top and although it still looks okay, you lose the dewy skin look!) I use the lightest shade of both (010) and it is perfect fro my porcelain skin tone.

Top Tip - Sign up for a Debenhams beauty card! You get £5 off your next purchase just for signing up and earn loads of points every time you buy from there! I don't buy ridiculous amounts of make up and often have £10 off to spend as if you purchase make up items in one month you get £5 to spend the next month! Watch out though - each £5 only lasts for 6 months so you can't save them up forever! Plus it's just a points card so you're not having to pay on a store card to receive these great benefits! Don't miss out ☺

Anyway that's enough from me for now! I hope my reviews are useful if you're looking to try new make up! I'll post again soon with more reviews of benefit make up (which I also love!!). Look out for more blog posts on lipsticks/glosses and my summer fashion finds. 

Little Vintage Rose 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment