Wednesday 16 July 2014

Outfit of the Day | Off to lectures we go

Outfit of the Day | Off to lectures we go

Well today started off looking summery, hence my ootd was light and cheery! Little did I know that the rain was heading my way but luckily I got back just before the showers started - phew! So my outfit held up whilst I went to my whole one and half hours of lectures. It's a hard life I know. I would just like to add I am in 9-4 every  other week this summer so this is my week off. Sort of!


Skirt - Oasis (Sale item)
Sandals - New Look 
Top - New Look 
Watch - Michael Kors 
Earrings - Isle of Wight Pearl
Phone Cover - Cath Kidston (for iPhone 5s)

Keeping with the pastel trend this summer I teemed my blue geometric pattern oasis skirt with creams and neutral tones. The top is lace so I wore a nude crop top underneath so I didn't have to worry about which underwear I chose! I always do this so that I don't have to be too fussy about what to wear underneath!!
As my top has  a pearl detail collar I teamed my gorgeous pearl earrings from Isle of Wight Pearl with my outfit just to give it a touch of coordination!

The Oasis skirt was my top find in the summer sales! I bought it for just £10 at the Birmingham (Bullring) Store along with a pink floral patterned one of the same style (for £30). Oasis do many skirts in this semi-tailored style and I find they're perfect as a smart day outfit and I've even dressed this one up with heels for a girly night out. 

My nude sandals from New Look (which I think were £20) are THE comfiest sandals I have bought in forever! I always struggle to find a comfy pair of sandals that I can spend hazy summer days in without getting blisters and ending up hobbling home, but these fit the bill perfectly. They're current season, and with student discount are an absolute bargain. They seem to be wearing well so far too so fingers crossed they'll last me for at least this summer. 

I knew it wouldn't be many posts later until I mentioned my beautiful Michael Kors watch. It is gorgeous. I must admit that until I bought this watch (last Christmas) I had never really gotten into wearing a watch nor had I really been interested in getting one. But, and this is a big but, when I spotted the gorgeous rose gold range in by Michael Kors I just had to have one and now I wear it almost everyday. I especially love the gems adorning the outside. It's just too cute!

♥ My Everyday make-up look ♥


Here is a little sneak peek into my usual everyday make up look. Of course I do something different with my make up almost everyday (as we all do!) but I quite liked my make up today so thought it was a good one to share. I never really go for bold statement colours unless its for a special occasion or a evening out so everything I use tends towards a natural look. Let me know what you think! ☺

Everything I used for today's hair and make-up...



Well as you can probably tell my hair was natural today so I just combed it through with my tangle teezer first as my hair always gets super cotty as it's really fine. I then used my round brush just to define my natural waves (well they're more 'I went to bed with slightly wet hair as I couldn't be bothered to dry it properly' waves, but let's stick with natural for now) and to curl my fringe under. You can see both of these brushes in the top left of the photo above. I got my tangle teezer for £10.99 from boots, but you can get them for under £10 in some online stores. Definitely worth the investment if you have fine hair that's always getting knotted up like mine. I just gripped the sides back using some basic blonde coloured bobby pins from boots. I always think the bit up bit down look is cute, as well as easy, for days when my hair is natural.

Now for my make up. As I have mentioned in my previous blog posts I have blemish prone skin which means I have to take good care of it to prevent non-stop break outs. I've found the Clinique Anti-blemish solutions range to be pretty good for keeping unruly skin in tip top shape, and you can the starter kit (the sizes in my photo above) for just £40, which for skincare products that work isn't that bad I'd say. SO after cleansing my skin, I used the toner, moisturiser and anti-blemish gel from this range before applying my make up. I find it's always best to wait a few seconds for the gel to dry before starting make-up application.

Of course, I applied the Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics primer first of all, just to even out my skin tone and blemishes. I followed this with DiorSkin Nude BB Cream in shade 001, which gives a lovely dewy glow to my skin and ensures a good even skin tone. This shade is perfect for super light skin like mine and doesn't at all look orange or require a lot of blending like other BB creams. I have quite dark circles under my eyes (especially while back at uni as sleep doesn't seem to be in everyone's routine here even though I LOVE getting an early night), so my 'The Eye Eraser' by Maybelline is a lifesaver on early mornings. It covers dark circles and helps disguise eye bags so gets a 10 out of 10 for a good non cloggy concealer. I also used my Maybelline Fit Me concealer to cover a few blemishes. Just to avoid any oily patches developing in my day I lightly brushed on my Dior Forever powder in shade 010 using my EcoTools brush. I only used it on my T zone to prevent taking all of the colour out of my cheeks. I used Benefit Cosmetics 'They're Real' mascara which enhances my eyelashes beautifully - I never knew they were that long until I used this!! - along with my Browzings kit just to touch up my eyebrows and keep them ship shape. A touch of Dior lip reviver lip glow just added a pink sheen to my lips and boosted them with some much needed moisture.

All that was left was to add a couple of sprays of my favourite perfume - Daisy by Marc Jacobs - and I was ready for the day! I hope you've found my blog useful or interesting - or even both!! 

See you soon,

Little Vintage Rose 

xx

3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit I like the watch too! I have the rose gold one :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love my watch too - it goes with everything! x

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit and it looks so nice on you. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete