Wednesday 6 August 2014

Beauty | Everyday Make up Routine

An everyday make up routine is one of the hardest things to master for me. I can see your confusion so let me explain... I want my everyday make up to be quick and easy to do (so it sort of looks like you haven't made much effort but have naturally managed to look stunning- that's what we all want to look like right?!), to last all day, to be photo ready in case a spontaneous co-worker gets snap happy during the day (yes this has happened to me, and yes you did read it right I'm an accountant - but that's a story for another day haha) and one which uses products which last a while (as I'm using them everyday) and doesn't set me back a months wages everytime I need to replace everything. 

So as you can see it's quite a task to satisfy all these wants, and as I feel over the past few months or so I've somewhat mastered it I thought I'd share my favourite products, tools and top tips with you all :) I'd love to know your little beauty secrets too so remember to comment below!! 


Left to right; top to bottom: 
Benefit Cosmetics 'They're Real!' Mascara 
Rimmel London Matte BB Cream in Light 
Benefit Cosmetics The Pore-fessional pro balm (primer) 
Bourjois eyebrow pencil in 04 Blond FoncĂ© 
Rimmel London 'Wake Me Up' concealer in 010 Ivory 
Eco tools blush brush (I use it for powder though - oops!) 
Superdrug own brand blush brush (which I actually use for blush!) 
Maybelline EyeStudio eyeshadow in 605 Beige Nude 
Bourjois little round pot of blush in 95 Rose de Jaspe 
DiorSkin Forever Compact Powder in 010 (lightest shade with pink undertones) 

As you can see, most of the products I use are drugstore ones with the exception of a few, but I often use drugstore replacements for these so if you're looking for cheaper alternatives which do pretty much the same job, my top ones are: 

Mascara - Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara 



Primer - Maybelline New Baby Skin 



Powder - Rimmel London Stay Matte powder (which I've ran out of - I really need to buy some more!!) 

All of the products above last pretty much the whole working day for me, but as I do have super oily skin I tend to just dab a bit of extra powder on at lunch. The other plus is that the concealer is super duper at covering up tired eyes (does as it says on the tin!) and blemishes too meaning flawless skin can happen everyday - yay! I do have a full set of Real Techniques make up brushes but to be honest I never have time in a morning to get them out and use them so the only things I apply with brushes are my powder and blush, on a daily basis. 

My top everyday tips! 

1. Dab concealer! You've heard this one before I know, but this made the biggest difference to me when I found this out! Don't rub concealer if applying it with your fingers as you basically rub the whole lot off again! Just dab it with your ring finger to blend and voila - blemishes and dark circles will be gone! 

2. Pop some of the light eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes and just over the first part of the eyelid to brighten them up! I find it's best not to wear eyeshadow all over the lid if you're after a natural look in the daytime. 

3. When you've finished applying blusher to the apples of your cheeks and they're looking lovely and rosy, lightly sweep the blush brush over the top of your forehead, round your jawline and down your nose and chin. It adds a touch of warmth and colour back - which is needed if you have to use powder over your whole face to avoid oily-ness like me! Remember not to put extra blusher onto the brush before doing this though or you'll apply too much and end up looking flushed instead! (Nope I definitely haven't done that before ... ahem) 

The finished look! 

I hope you find my top tips useful! If you try or have tried any of the products or something similar then let me know as I'd love to try out your favourite products and top tips too :) 

If you hear slightly less from me over the next 3 weeks ish it's because I have exams coming up! Boo! :( but I will be back posting lots and lots once they're over at the start of September :) 

Lots of love and bye for now, 

Little Vintage Rose 

Xx 

7 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous! Your skin is so radiant xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It's just good make up haha xx

      Delete
  2. Love this look, and good tips! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) glad you liked my post!! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this look! You are so beautiful :)

    New post on my blog it'll mean the world to me if you check it out :)

    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you to say - it's just good make up though!! Your blog looks fab - I've left a comment on your latest post :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love all the products you use! Nice post❤️

    www.juliahasch.com

    ReplyDelete